CEO Clubs Tips to Earn By
JOE MANCUSO ARTICLE: HOW TO NAME A BUSINESS
One of the most important tasks when starting a small business occurs right at the outset: giving the enterprise a name. The name chosen will come to symbolize the entire business and can be an early sign of a company's character. Click Here for the article.
BEFORE YOU START YOUR BUSINESS...
How About You?
• Are you the kind of person who can get a business started and make it go?
• Think about why you want to own your own business. Do you want to badly enough to keep you working long hours without knowing how
much money you will end up with?
• Have you worked in a business like the one you want to start?
• Have you worked for someone else as a foreman or manager?
• Have you had any business training in school?
• Have you saved any money?
• How about the money? Do you know how much money you will need to get your business started?
• Have you counted up how much money of your own you can put into the business?
• Do you know how much credit you can get from your suppliers -- the people you will buy from?
• Do you know where you can borrow the rest of the money you need to start your business?
• Have you figured out what net income per year you expect to get from your business? Count your salary and your profit and the money you
put into the business.
• Can you live on less than this so that you can use some of it to help your business grow?
• Have you talked to a banker about your plans?
• How about a partner? If you need a partner with money or know-how that you don't have, do you know someone who will fit -- someone you
can get along with?
• Do you know the good and bad points about going it alone, having a partner, and incorporating your business?
• Have you talked to a lawyer about it?
• How about your customers -- Do most businesses in your community (industry) seem to be doing well?
• Have you tried to find out whether stores like the one you want to open are doing well in your community and in the rest of the country?
• Do you know what kind of people will want to buy what you plan to sell?
• Do people like that live in the area where you want to open your store?
• Do they need a store like yours?
• If not, have you thought about opening a different kind of store or going to another neighborhood?
10 TIPS FOR WRITING A BUSINESS PLAN - BY JOSEPH MANCUSO
JOSEPH MANCUSO…Nobody ever said to me, "Oh, Goody! Goody! I have to write a business plan!" Rather they call and ask "Can you help me, I've got to write a business plan today for a presentation tomorrow?"
CEO Club’s material on the subject of preparing business plans has been the most widely used since the late 1970's. So you just might want to know what Joe Mancuso says because it has become a benchmark for both lenders & investors.
How to Write a Winning Business Plan. Best-selling book, which contains 3 full-length actual business plans of Venture Magazine, Storage Technology and Shopsmith. 344 pages [Simon & Schuster]
Click Here to read the article. (Adobe™ PDF)
• Can you tell me where your banker went to school?
The answers to these questions and many more can be found in the articles in this section.
Mancuso's Ten Rules For Banking
01. It's technically impossible to give a banker too much information.
the bank get its money back?